Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Technique Hop on YouTube

Hello there...today's post brings you a technique hop going on amongst some amazing crafters who all inspire and put me in awe all the time. We started this little hop in hopes that we can share some techniques you may have not heard of, want to try, learn and to have fun with. It's always fun to take a technique and make it your own as well!

I decided to showcase a technique I learned off of Tim Holtz, I didn't get to take the class that he taught this technique at CHA Winter 2012 but I took my cousin's tags with the instructions and tried it out. And I had a ton of fun learning it. It is called "Distress Ink Crumpled Kraft Suede".  Of course I love the technique because my ultimate inspiration Tim Holtz created it and you use all TH and Ranger products! With this technique you can create your own paper with a suede look. Pretty awesome!

Products used: Kraft Paper, Ranger Ink Refresher, Tim Holtz Distress Stains, Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Ranger Perfect Pearls.

Here are the instructions:
Spray Kraft tag with Ink Refresher until completely covered. Rub into surface using your fingers. Crumple the tag several times creating wrinkles. Apply Distress Stains over Kraft Surface. Dry with heat gun. Apply Distress Inks over wrinkles. Lightly highlight with Perfect Pearls by rubbing over tag with you fingers.
Here is the tag my cousin made in the class:

The first time I used the technique was to cover part of a craft box:
I realized after doing the technique a few more times after this one, I had skipped the distress stain portion. 
I then decided to do it as a make & take at my local scrapbook store Remember When because I had Perfect Pearls as the featured product, here is the tag I taught:
The class tag, they only used one color of Perfect Pearls...while designing this tag I was testing out colors and decided to use thee different colors. I like how it turned out.
Here are the two tags I did using Walnut Stain Distress Stain, Walnut Stain Distress Ink, Weathered Wood Distress Ink and Perfect Pearls colors: Blue Patina, Pewter and Perfect Pearl:


Check out my tutorial by watching video below and hop over to the list of amazing & talented ladies in the hop with me! Have fun everyone!



1 comment:

Noaleen said...

Beautiful Technique TFS