Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Mind's Eye, Miss Caroline 12x12 Layout & Banner

Hello! It is a dreary Thursday afternoon in here in West Los Angeles so I thought I'd bring you a bright and colorful project!

Today I have the remaining of my Remember When March design team projects, it was a team challenge using My Mind's Eye, Miss Caroline Dolled Up line. With a team challenge, we all get the same paper line but different papers, trims and embellishments from that particular line.

Watch below for all the goodies I got in my DT package for this challenge:


In the 12x12 "Start Everyday with a Smile" layout I had fun challenging myself in using colors I wouldn't normally use, such as yellow! I decided to pull yellow from the design paper by using Tattered Angels Banana Pudding Chalkboard spray on Tim Holtz music note tissue paper. I received lots of embellishments including rub ons, which I haven't used in ages, from the paper line. In true nature of myself, I did some fussy cutting, taring and distress inking. Lots of layering too! I also used a current picture of myself which I am not one to like any pictures of me! :) Check out the pictures below for the "Start Everyday with a Smile" layout.
The layout contains three different papers from the "Dolled Up" collection of MME Miss Caroline; Favorite, Living,  and Cute. The music note tissue paper is Tim Holtz. 
Lots of fussy cutting of the popped up flowers, there are some flower embellishments and stick pins from the Dolled Up line.
This is from the Living collection
RUB ONS! Wow, I haven't used them in ages but they are pretty!
The butterfly is a wood chip piece from the Living collection with some pearl bling. I used my Tim Holtz music note stamp and stamped using distress embossing powder; peeled paint. I also stamped over with a mango color ink to give it an orangie color.
I think this may be my first banner EVER! hmmm...I think so! I created a "Spring" banner using the left over paper and embellishments from the "Dolled Up" collection. I played with a Sizzix bird die, Maya Road chipboard shapes, my Tim Holtz tattered floral flower die, distress embossing powder and flower soft! Have you guys used the perfect medium pen? It is awesome, it allows you to powder emboss edges such as the flower edges below. I used scattered straw distress powder on the edges. Check out the pictures below.
The word "Spring" is a AccuCut die, the flower chipboard is from Maya Road.  
The bird is a die from Sizzix, I used flower soft on the tail of the bird.


Watch below for more info and description on how I created both the layout and banner. Thanks for hanging out with me!

Until next time be creative!


No comments: