Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Family Favs Mini Album

Hello Everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful long labor day weekend! I locked myself in my apartment for two days to finish up a recipe box for the August Secret Squirrel Sisterhood Society swap hosted by JadedStudios on Facebook. I recorded a few videos of the handmade stuff I made for my August secret sister. Which I will share in different posts.

August swap was to make a recipe box with a vintage girl grunge theme and the challenge was to alter the recipe card dividers. I made several handmade extras for my SS and one of them is this Family Favs mini album where she can put in favorite recipes from her family or recipes that her family loves to eat. I didn't embellish it too much so that she is able to write in it. I am going to send her the extras from the paperline so that she can embellish it more if she chooses to.

The paperline used was the new Bo Bunny Sweet Tooth line. The paper is not necessarily vintage girl grunge but it is super cute! I used a Unibind album cover and binded it with the the Unibind machine. It is pretty cool, Remember When had a rep come into the store and do a make and take which we got to create a little mini by using the Unibind machine.

Unibind provides Kodak Gallery with their album covers for the pre-printd albums you buy from them. They also do work with Apple and the Pope! The covers are made in Belgium (I believe) and are really nice quality. Ken from Unibind gave so many ideas of what you can do with the album covers. Hopefully I can post some tutorials on the Unibind soon.  Unibind website: http://www.unibind.com/site/index.php?lang=us, Unibind online store: http://www.myunibind.com/index.asp and Ken Oliver on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kennethnoliver?sk=wall.

Check out my YouTube video by clicking here on the album. Below are pictures of the mini. I used Bo Bunny's new Sweet Tooth line. On the cover I used KARLAS001 black burlap trim, beige iridescent flat back pearls and cyrstal butterflykisses flowers.

I hope you like! <3TVG








No comments: